Monday, January 31, 2011

Obama Health Secretary Compares Obamacare Health Insurance Mandate To Buying A Television

If you don’t buy yourself a television you don’t have a right to demand that you get to see the Super Bowl says Obama’s Secretary of Health Katherine Sebelius. I agree with the metaphor as far as it goes, but in applying it to Obamacare’s health insurance mandate what Sebelius is suggesting is that the solution is to require that everyone buy a television.

(CNSNews.com) – Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius defended the new health care law’s mandate requiring people to purchase insurance, comparing the buying of health insurance to buying televisions.

People access health care regardless of whether they have insurance, said Sebelius on Friday. “What they’re choosing not to do is actually pay for those services,” she said.

“[I]f I don’t have a 27-inch TV for the Super Bowl, I can’t demand on the day of the Super Bowl that somebody deliver that TV because I have a right to it. On the other hand, if I don’t have insurance, I come through the door of an emergency room and get treated and get cared for, and somebody else picks up the tab,” said Sebelius.


sayanythingblog.com

0 comments: