Monday, May 2, 2011

Obama Used Bush Doctrine In Unilateral Strike that Killed Osama Lin Laden

Just a quick walk down memory lane.

Osama Bin Laden was killed by a unilateral strike in Pakistan. According to MSNBC, no countries were notified, including Pakistan. This policy was a Bush Policy; admitted by the great silver tongue Obama himself:

Also note that CBS’ Lara Logan forces Obama to concede that his oft-touted call to kill Osama bin Laden in Pakistani territory is actually current U.S. policy.

Logan: Isn’t that the case now? I mean, do you really think that if the U.S. forces had Osama bin Laden in their sights and the Pakistanis said no, that they wouldn’t fire or wouldn’t go after him?

Obama: I think actually this is current doctrine. There was some dispute when I said this last August. Both the administration and some of my opponents suggested, well, you know, you shouldn’t go around saying that. But I don’t think there’s any doubt that that should be our policy, and will continue to be our policy.

Logan: But it is the current policy.

Obama: I believe it is the current policy.

Logan: So there’s no change then.

Obama: I don’t think there is going to be a change there.

Obama does need a lot of credit. He was hammered by the far-left for taking an affirmative side with Bush. Video below:

However, I suspect that many Democrats will walk away from this as if they were never against unilateral operations in Pakistan.

Sam Foster - lonelyconservative.com

0 comments: