Thursday, March 17, 2011

Obama’s Irish Relatives Not Very Happy He’s Their Cousin


Barack Obama’s Irish relatives are not so thrilled that he’s a blood relation.
The New York Daily News reported, via Free Republic:

Obama found out years ago that an ancestor, Falmouth Kearney, fled the potato famine in Ireland and was brought to the United States on the Marmion when he was 19.

Obama’s mother, Ann Dunham, was a descendant of one of Kearney’s daughters and a man named Jacob Dunham.

The study further filled out the branches on Obama’s family tree and identified 28 living descendants of Kearney living in the U.S. and abroad.

But despite the prestigious connection, some of the newly discovered relatives aren’t exactly dancing an Irish jig.

“I really don’t like to claim a relationship to Obama,” Roma Joy Palmer, 66, of Mulvane, Kan., told the AP. “He is not my favorite president.”

“I don’t have anything against him personally, but I don’t think we have the same agenda,” she said.

Another relative, 83-year-old Dorma Lee of Tucson, was similarly underwhelmed by the news.

“I’m not a Democrat, so I can’t say I clapped,” said Reese, who lives in Tucson. “I don’t appreciate what he’s done by any means, but I do appreciate that he holds that office.”

Vietnam vet Daniel Dillard, 63, though, said he took pride in “being related to a President of the United States,” even though he didn’t vote for Obama.

gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com

0 comments: